Prayerful, Prepared, and Positioned Empowerment Update!
Important Updates from our Bishop
April 1, 2020 (March 28th Update Revised)
Grace and peace be unto you, from God our Father, and from His son the Lord Jesus -Philippians 1:2
I wanted to take this opportunity to reach out to your household and let you know that Lady Dianna and I are holding you close to our hearts and praying for you and yours. We are all aware of the serious challenges we have all faced with the COVID-19 pandemic. Our lives have been altered. However, our faith has been strengthened. I wanted to briefly share a few updates for your prayerful consideration and participation.
FOOD AND SUPPLIES
We are grateful that most of our church family has shared that they are doing fine with food and supplies. We have taken initiative to check on the elders of the church. If there is anyone needing food/supply assistance, please email us at . We have a team of women and men that will provide some assistance (box of food/supplies while available or resources that may be able to assist).
CONTACTING THE CHURCH
Our church administrative office remains closed. However, our very capable staff is working remotely and we are checking emails and voicemail frequently. You may contact us at (916) 441-3305 or email us at . You may email us with prayer requests at . We will respond.
Please visit our website at cop.church, our COP App, and our Facebook page for updates, unemployment information, virtual celebration announcements, and other pertinent information.
It is important to stay connected during this period. You will find that several of our Connect Groups (small home groups) are communicating via media platform and personal contact. If you want to get further information, please contact your Connect Group facilitator directly or you may contact our Assimilation Pastor, Jeff Johnson at .
Please go to your mobile device app store and download our COP app.
VIRTUAL CELEBRATIONS, CHURCH PRAYER, AND SCHOOL OF PRAYER EVENTS
Weekend Celebrations (Sundays) - All of our weekend celebrations occur online via Livestream. You may watch our 35-minute live stream broadcast Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8 a.m., 10:15 a.m., and 5 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time). You will be blessed with powerful worship and a brief teaching from Bishop Lovelace, Pastor Jeff Johnson, and Pastor John Black (COP East). We may be viewed on cop.church, COP App, YouTube, and Facebook live. Previous celebrations are also available on our website (cop.church).
All Church Prayer (Tuesdays) - Join us on Facebook live Tuesday evenings 7 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. on our Facebook live.
All Church Fasting and Prayer (Thursdays) – Join us as we fast and pray according to James 5:16 every Thursday as a church family. We encourage you to join us as we pray collectively for our world, nation, community, church, and families.
School of Prayer Midweek Teaching on Zoom (Beginning Thursday, April 9 @ 7 p.m PDT) – Join our Bishop as he leads us in the study of prayer. We will learn how to pray effectively, fervently, and with expectancy. Visit cop.church/events and our Facebook page for more information on how to join the virtual teaching.
Please make plans to join us for the following special events:
Palm Sunday Weekend Virtual Celebrations (April 4th and 5th) – Special Virtual Celebrations Saturday, April 4th at 5 p.m. and Sunday, April 5th at 8 a.m., 10:15 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Good Friday Virtual Worship (April 10th) - Our Arise Resurrection Weekend Celebrations begin with Good Friday Worship. Bishop will be joined by the award-winning musical group, the Katinas. Join us for a time of worship, reflection and a word of encouragement from our pastor Friday, April 10th at 7 p.m. on cop.church, Facebook Live, YouTube and our COP Mobile App.
Resurrection Virtual Celebrations (April 11th and 12th) - Our special online celebrations will be held Saturday, April 11th at 5 p.m. and Sunday, April 12th at 8 a.m., 10:15 a.m., and 5 p.m. (cop.church, Facebook Live, YouTube, COP Mobile App). Our renowned COP Worship Teams will be sharing special music and the Bishop will present a word of encouragement for everyone. Please invite your friends and family to watch and be blessed.
OmniFactory Production (April 11th and 12th) - Then immediately following our Resurrection Celebrations stay tuned for a special online OmniFactory Production presentation for our children. We have planned a fast-paced, fun-filled, Livestream experience for our little disciples; immediately following each celebration. You won’t want to miss this exciting weekend of celebrating our Lord’s resurrection and our abundant life in Him!
Virtual Healing and Praise Celebrations (April 18 and 19) – In order to allow more time to gather your communion elements and notify friends and family to join us for our Virtual Healing and Praise Celebration we will celebrate on Saturday, April 18th at 5 p.m. and Sunday, April 19th at 8 a.m., 10:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. Bishop will be teaching and our renowned Worship Team and the Voices of Praise Choir will be leading us in praise and worship. Please prepare to have your communion elements and anointing oil ready for this special service. Be sure to join us on cop.church, Facebook Live, YouTube and our COP Mobile App and let’s experience the healing power of our mighty God together!
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
There are four ways everyone can immediately help:
- PRAY and PARTICIPATE with us during this season. Matthew 6:9-13 provides the pattern of prayer for believers. Join us by praying the Scriptures (available on cop.church updates page). Also, make every effort to join us during the aforementioned weekend and special event celebrations.
- SERVE -Please contact our Compassionate Care Ministry at , if you have any food or supply donations. We will make arrangements to receive them and distribute them to those that have need.
- CARE – Please contact the elderly, singles, and students that may need to be checked on and encouraged during this time.
- GIVE – Please continue to be faithful stewards in your tithes and offerings. We want to ensure that our church family remains strong and that the infrastructure is miraculously sustained and supported during this season, by the gifts and obedience of God’s people (See 2 Corinthians chapter 9). We know that with the Lord working with and through us all we will be just fine. You may send your gifts directly through our website at cop.church, the COP APP, text to give 844-899-7588, or mail directly to the Administration Office, 2150 Capitol Ave, Sacramento, CA 95816
If you have any further questions regarding how you may facilitate your stewardship, please contact Yvette Swafford at . Again, thank you for sowing your finances into the kingdom of God.
Remember, we love you all and miss you immeasurably. We strongly stand together! We can’t wait to be back in physical fellowship again. Meanwhile, we remain thankful, faithful, and encouraged as we Worship, Learn, and Serve!
Love you enthusiastically and immeasurably!
March 17, 2020
Grace and Peace Beloved, from God our Father and His Son, Jesus Christ!
These indeed are challenging times for all of us. However, we are assured that the Lord continues to be gracious and recent events presented by the COVID-19 virus pandemic will usher a season of revival, reformation, and Kingdom increase. The sharing of the gospel is our foremost directive, even during perilous seasons. Please note the following update effective immediately:
- All activities, on-site worship celebrations (Saturdays and Sundays), on-site bible studies, meetings, and other gatherings are suspended until further notice at our Midtown and East Campuses. Those facilitating our virtual celebrations will receive directives from your ministry coach.
- Our weekly in-home Connect Groups, School of Prayer and Bi-weekly School of the Local Church have been suspended until further notice.
- Our entire Executive/Administrative team will be working remotely. Therefore, the Church Administrative Office will be closed effective 3/18. We will announce when we will reopen.
In this rapidly escalating COVID-19 environment, our desire is to stay ahead of where we see the situation moving. Therefore, we will seek to provide updated information as it becomes available. Meanwhile, here is what you can do to support your church family during this season:
- Please remain prayerful and diligent in adhering to the recommendations of practicing frequent handwashing, social distancing, and self-isolation.
- Please watch our weekly updates via Facebook and YouTube.
- Please enjoy watching and participating in our weekly virtual worship celebration on Sundays at 8 a.m. and the rebroadcasting at 10:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. (via our cop.church website, COP Mobile App, Facebook, or YouTube).
- Please maintain our values of redemption, justice, and empowerment, by serving others during this time with loving and caring support. Please check on and support the elderly and those most vulnerable during this season.
- Please continue to be faithful in your giving and stewardship support of the ministry. We must keep the church sustainable and free of any burdensome circumstances. You may give online at cop.church, or you may mail your tithe and offerings to: Center of Praise Ministries, ATTN: Yvette Swafford, 2150 Capitol Ave., Sacramento, CA 95816.
- Please download the COP mobile app to your mobile device (available on all app store platforms).
We miss you all so very much. Please know that we love you and together we will get through this victoriously. Stay encouraged and joyful. The Lord is with us, and we have each other as family. We will stay in touch, and we can’t wait to hug you again.